User information for use, storage, inspection and mainenance of pewag safety lifting clamps
pewag lifting clamps may be used for general lifting applications and are compatible with a wide range of designs, loads and attachments. Please see our catalogue for information on design and load capacities. The different lifting clamps are designed for specific areas of application and it is therefore important that users are aware of all operating conditions. Please contact our technical service team in case of issues or questions. pewag lifting clamps may only be used by a qualified person. If used correctly, pewag lifting chains have a long lifespan and offer a high level of safety. Material or personal damage may only be prevented if the lifting clamps are used correctly. Reading and understanding our user information is an essential prerequisite for using our lifting clamps, but can never replace the responsible, provident handling of all lifting
Modifications of the condition upon delivery
The original condition of the pewag lifting clamp must not be
altered in any way, for instance by bending, grinding, removal
of parts, welding, application of drillings, stamps etc. Do not
remove any parts from the clamps (for instance bolts, safety
pins, springs etc.) Surface treatments such as hot-dip galvanising and electrogalvanising are not suitable for pewag lifting clamps. Chemical stripping or alkaline-based stripping are also hazardous processes that need to be discussed with pewag in advance. Please contact our technical service if you have any questions.
Use of pewag lifting clamps
Always read the instructions before using a pewag lifting clamp. Our standard lifting clamps are suitable for lifting and transporting steel plates with a maximum hardness of 37 HrC (345 HB). For materials with a hardness of up to 50 HrC (485 HB), we supply clamps where the tooth ring and the tooth segment have been additionally hardened– see model “Extra-Hard“ (H). Our standard lifting clamps have a minimum load capacity of 10% of the maximum load capacity as indicated on the clamp housing.
For weights below the 10% limit of the maximum load capacity, we recommend the VJPW and VJPUW clamps without a minimum load capacity limit. Never overload a clamp and take care to avoid loads being lifted suddenly or the clamp bumping against an obstacle.
Always use the entire gripping depth of the clamp. Never lift more than one plate at a time, except with models that are designed to lift several plates (for instance the HSKW models). Always keep a safe distance when lifting or lowering a load and do not allow anyone to stand underneath the load.
pewag lifting clamps must be stored clean and dried and protected against corrosion
- Production relies on state-of-the-art machines that work to aconsistently high standard
- Innovation is at the centre of the development and production process of pewag lifting clamps
- We continuously improve our products and always strive to find new solutions
- User-friendly and safe application is key
- Broad product range for a multitude of applications
- Light, streamlined design for easy handling
- Easy maintenance
- High resilience and long lifespan thanks to premium-quality steel
- Compliance with all standards and regulations, such as European standard EN 13155, Australian standard 4991, North American standard ASME B30.20-2010 and European Machine Directive 2006/42/EC
- Quality-assured European manufacturing in ISO 9001-certified production sites
- Excellent quality and processing
- Use of special steels
- Thought-out construction, easy to repair
- All lifting clamps are tested to up to twice the maximum load capacity in our dedicated testing facilities
- Each clamp is delivered with its own test certificate
- The break factor of pewag lifting clamps lies at five times theload capacity
NEW! From 1st January 2017 all pewag winner lifting clamps will be equiped with the new peTAG ID tag.